Thursday, 10 January 2013

It's Not Rude

The claw-like hand! The Singaporean (also Indian and Italian, I've noticed) old-dude way of "describing" things (usually food-related but not always) that are fucking good. A big stamp of approval.

No words required (sometimes they are simply not adequate). Just lift your hand, get your fingers to meet and flick your wrist ever so slightly, for emphasis.

We've got most of our Aussie pals into it now and I thought I should show you too because quite often, my waffling-on about some things on this blog can be reduced to this one hand gesture. So when you see "insert claw-like hand", you can assume that it's something so good that I can't find the words to describe it. That, or I'm being plain lazy. Haha.

4 comments:

Adi Fink said...

This is going to sound weird but aaaages ago you mentioned on somebodys blog that you could source swan brand tee shirts, are you still able to do that? I'm in a desperate search for them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Adi,
No, it's not weird at all! Haha.
You're not the first to have found me via Skylark's blog with the same request.
Write me at likklegirl@gmail.com.
x

flying carpet said...

LONG LIVE THE CLAW LIKE HAND!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Next up...the Counting Down Hand! xx