Saturday, 15 December 2012

What Can You Get For 30¢ These Days?

You can't think of anything, right? So you can imagine the excited internal (I was alone) squealing when I found this made-in-China copy Kewpie doll for one-third of a dollar! The first Kewtie (wahahahahaha!) in my collection of Kewpies!

Where, you might wonder, did I find such a bargain? At the monthly church hall stall at the quaint little Quaker Meeting House just down the road which I only discovered last month and brought home two large 70s floral-print plastic canisters for $4 each (the sort that you see going for at least four times the amount at flea markets and retro knick-knack shops)! And a cute little enameled black swan lapel pin for Ms Carpet for 10¢! 10¢! That buys you nothing these days! Ms Carpet said that I should have bought all the three pins which was what I did yesterday. 

The last two swan pins (20¢) + the doll (30¢) = the best 50¢ I've ever spent! Woo! And I hope to be giving back to the lovely Quaker ladies at the next sale with a donation of clothes from yet another wardrobe cull that I'm about to embark on over the holidays.

2 comments:

Karen Ang said...

Your blog is fantastic! I love the quirky things you find and observe! And funny to think that I came across your blog while I was googling 'Living in Marrickville'.

Hope you have lotsa more happy finds!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Thank you, Karen! Tee hee hee.

Are you looking to live in Marrickville? If you are, I hope you find something suitable soon! It's quite a nice place to live, from what I've seen and heard of it.

Hope to see you around here again! xx