Sunday, 11 November 2012

Where Are You, Navy Blue? (Guest-starring Gold)


Some bling-some blue, huh?! Woo!

I've had my eyes on the Karen Walker Sea Monsters Collection enameled charm necklace for quite some time.
1. I don't have any neck things in navy blue.
2. Imagine how good it'll look worn with one of my many navy stripey things! In rubbish fashion editor-speak, "Nautical with a twist of whimsical luxe!" Haha.
Then it went on sale*(this online shop's customer service is second to none!) and I simply had to buy it. Oh, the charms are enameled on both sides - a detail that this fussypot really appreciates.

The Lurex-y crocheted clip-clop frame bag, I found in a charity shop a few days after I placed my order for the necklace. Shopping kismet at work again! Woo! I can't resist a cute frame bag and it can't get more "Nautical with a twist of whimsical luxe!" than this shiny stripey number, I think.

*Edit-to-add (Thursday 15 November): I just clicked on this link, out of curiousity, to see if the necklace has sold out because the blog's stats tell me that quite a few readers did the click-through. It has. Sorry, folks. If you're one of the lucky few who's got your filthy paws on one, enjoy it! I'm still having loads of fun with mine! 

If you are new around here, "Where Are You, Navy Blue?" is a series of posts chronicling my search for wearable things in one of my favourite colours. This first one started it all in 2010, followed by Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 and Part 6.

2 comments:

flying carpet said...

How many frame bags do you have, miss? You should hang them on the wall.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Ummm...I've lost count.
I should! But that would mean more things to dust! Haha. x