Sunday, 15 January 2012

Who's A Fussy Pot?

It's a little time-consuming but I like to pick the twiggy bits off rocket ("arugula" to the few Americans who read this blog..."Hello!") before I use the leaves. It's a look-and-(mouth)feel thing which is quite a big part of the whole eating experience, right? A rocket salad is so much prettier and tastier without the yucky stems. Does that make me a fussy pot? Some restaurants do it, some don't. They all should. What's the point of using top-notch ingredients in a dish when it's going to be marred by hard sticky bits in their rocket garnish or side salad? Huh? Huh? Huh?!

2 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

No, it's not just you. I snip it off. I can't stand putting the sticks into salads and other dishes. If I'm blitzing it in the blender, it's okay. But who wants to be pulling the sticks out of their mouth mid-bite of the salad?

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

HIGH FIVE, Katie!
I know I can't be the only fussy pot around!
Thank you for "coming out"! xx