Saturday, 14 January 2012

Another Prefab-ed Meal

Yup, the prefab-ing continues in the kitchen.

There have been new and delicious concoctions but this one that I made up is one that I keep going back to. At least once every fortnight because it is that good and so quick and easy -> roasted pumpkin + browned onions + mashed roasted garlic + red quinoa (or some other seeds/pulses/grains-type things) + parsley (or any flavoursome soft-leaved herbs) + a lemon vinaigrette + garlic-marinated fetta.

Eaten, this week, while watching Justified, our latest "internet TV" craze*. We watched the episodes in Season 1 almost back-to-back (we love our TV-viewing marathons!) and have started on the second last night. We've timed it so that by the time we're done, we can segue right in to the new season screening in America soon. No waiting for months with the "cliffhanger" hanging around our heads. Yeah!

*You won't believe the number of half-written posts that I have sitting in my Drafts folders about all the films, documentaries and TV shows that we've watched and want to share. They remain un-posted because we plough through so much viewing material each week that I'm forced to choose between spending time writing about them and watching them. It's easy to guess which I picked. Haha. So, I think I'm simply going to slip them in at the end of some posts. As incongruous (and totally out-of-sync with my OCD-ish nature) as that may seem, at least I get to share some time-sapping fun with you, right? Oh, and about Justified...besides the Elmore Leonard's stories, I really really like the wardrobe (particularly Helen Givens') and the number of guns in each episode (so much so that the boyfriend thinks that I'm a pro-gun lobbying redneck-at-heart).

2 comments:

Skye said...

That looks completely delicious - is there any sort of rough guide to quantities, or is it easy enough to work out rough? Meanwhile I have some photos from my birthday (inc truffles) that I should show you.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

It's easy to work out rough...just put in whatever you like to eat more of!
Here's what I used this time (makes 3 quite generous portions - 2 for dinner and 1 for the boyfriend's lunch the next day)...
- 1x butternut pumpkin (cubed and roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper)
- 2x onions (sauteed until soft and brown with a bit of brown sugar and balsamic vinegar)
- 1x bulb of garlic (wrapped in foiled with some olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted the same time as the pumpkins)
- half cup of red quinoa (it "puffs" to about one cup when cooked)
- half a bunch of parsley (use only the leaves)
- lemon vinaigrette (I make this "by eye")

You can make everything the day before and store them separately in the fridge. Enjoy! xx