Wednesday, 9 February 2011

I Hate Insects!

We're lucky to live in quite a green pocket so near the city. We wake up to bird song and the view from our balcony is trees and more trees. However, with the greenery comes yucky bugs.

I hate them but they love me. I'm an insect magnet. Always the first, and sometimes only, person in a group to get bitten by mosquitoes. Flying bugs always land on me and never on the person beside me.

If they stop attacking me, I might grow to like them. Like this tiny (about 1cm) green stealth bomber-looking thing I found on our living room wall last night. He's quite a pretty boy, isn't he?

5 comments:

flying carpet said...

He's quite cute. Looks very aerodynamic.

this is me without you said...

That bug is so cute!!!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Carpie and You,
I think he's cute because he's tiny.
I don't know what he's going to look like when he grows up (see: Macaulay Culkin...haha).
x

Jin6655321 said...

As disgusted as I am with bugs I have to admit he's cute.

I keep finding dead stinkbugs around my house. On one hand I'm really glad they're dead. On the other hand I'm very disturbed that dead bugs are just popping up out of nowhere.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Jin!
Did you have you house "bombed" before you move in? "Bombed" as in fumigated by the pest control people?
In the last apartment we rented, the tenants before us were so filthy that they were breeding cockcroaches everywhere! Seriously disgusting but we only found out after we moved in.
So we got the real estate people to get the pest control people in to "bomb" the place.
For a few weeks after they left, we kept finding dead roaches but after that, we never saw any again.
Hope that's why your'e finding dead bugs. xx