Friday, 19 March 2010

Tanorexia

The pair of Patrick Cox arrived in the mail two days ago. Secondhand from Ebay.

I'm still on a shopping ban but they were dirt-cheap and they don't make them no more. I couldn't get that rich tan, those comfy chunky heels and square toes out of my head after the auction ended with no buyer. So much so that I wrote to the seller to ask if she could re-list it as a Buy-It-Now item for me.

Now, I just need to pay a visit to my fantastic leather man. The shoes are in my usual Patrick Cox size on paper (what luck, right?!) but they are a size too big in real life. The thick socks didn't help. I think we need to add some dainty ankle straps to hold my feet in. Hopefully, Mr Cox will approve.

The bag was an op shop find nearly a month ago. I haven't bought a pleather bag since I "grew up" and could afford the real deal. Unless they are really cool and not available in leather.

I loved the shape of this one, so tall and slim and boxy. And well-constructed. Still in very good shape despite its age. For $3, the other tan bags at home got themselves a new pal.

4 comments:

trina said...

loving your tan bag too! great taste.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Big Nah-nah!
It was the first thing that I saw when I walked into the op shop that day. They just put it up and haven't had time to price it. Haha. Lucky me. x

A dreamer said...

dammnn the shoes and bag are fantastic! can't believe you found the bag in an op shop. it looks so... modern!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Or classic? Haha. xx