Thursday, 18 February 2010

Cheeky Things

Yesterday was a total write-off. One of those restless days. I had a long to-do list but all I did was sit here and bludged the day away...alternating between staring blankly out of the balcony doors and the computer screen...imagining doing the things that I have to do instead of actually doing them. I'd do anything to not have to attend to the tasks on the list. Including playing with make-up which I never do.

The very bit of the last tube of my Origins' Pinch Your Cheeks in Raspberry.

I was told in late 2008 that they were planning to phase out the product. It's weird that it is no longer available here in Australia (or in Singapore) but still shows up on the Origins website. Anyone with reliable information, please share? I will be very grateful.

Its replacement - Benetint by Benefit.

I'm lazy when it comes to wearing (my going-out face is just sunblocking moisturiser, cheek rub and a clear lip conditioner) and shopping around for make-up. I usually stick loyally to what I already know - I've Pinched My Cheeks for nearly 10 years.

I was a little reluctant with the Benetint because from what I can remember, I found this liquid cheek stain hard to blend compared to the gel-ly Pinch Your Cheeks. But I didn't know any other (or rather, couldn't be bothered seeking them out) and I can't leave the house without rosy cheeks so it came home with me.

And I was extremely lucky that, by chance, I bumped into the lovely Mrs Will who happen to work for Benefit!

Pinch Your Cheeks on left, Benetint on right - the colours are pretty close

When I told her of my blending problem with Benetint, she kindly shared her trick - instead of dotting it on like it says on the packaging, draw three "whiskers" and then blend. It worked like a charm! Yay! But I have to be fast or the colour will set and I'll look like a kitty-cat.

7 comments:

b. said...

screenface do a nice tinted gel that my flatmate swears by as it is easy to blend...

http://www.screenface.com

x.

tinypaperheart said...

thanks for the tip! :)

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey b!
Thank you for providing another cheeky option!
I'll see if they have a stockist here. x



Hello tinypaperheart,
You're welcome! Do you use a cheek stain too?

And thank you for stopping by. x

Chou said...

But a very, very cute kitty.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Purrrr...meooooow. Tee hee hee. x

yuye said...

My friend who previously worked as a beauty editor of a small publication suggests to draw a circle and three dots inside it (like a jam donut) on your cheek then blend :)

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Yuye,
Yay! Another tip! Thank you!
I'll try the "jam donut" today! x