Sunday, 24 January 2010

Weekend Binge

The Likkle Girl's Dim Sum Kitchen
Steaming the Dai Baos ("BIG buns") and lotus leaf-wrapped glutinous rice for dinner.

We bought them this afternoon, right after lunch, at Ho's Dim Sim Kitchen. We haven't been in a while so quite a few other things got thrown into the bag too.

Ho's is take-away dim sum heaven! Frozen or ready-to-go.

I'm not a big fan of frozen food but Ho's, if heated right, taste like they've just been made.

Their spelling is not so good, though. Tee hee hee.

Chat Thai
Where we had lunch before the big shop at Ho's up the road.

This is my new favourite thing-to-eat there. The Sukho Thai - thin rice noodles in a really delicious spicy and sour chicken stock. I've eaten it at least once a fortnight for the last two months and can eat it everyday!

The boyfriend's new favourite. The Tohm Liead Moo - an offal-lover's wet dream.

Piggy insides such as the heart, intestines, sweetbread (yucky glands!), liver and coagulated blood (that brown cube there). Disgusting!

The Likkle Girl's Pizza Kitchen
Dinner last night. Had to purge the fridge and freezer of bits and pieces before bringing home new fruit and vegetables today.

This one's got olives, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes. On mozzarella and the last of our frozen pizza bases.

Had to do a cheese box clean-out too so made two smaller super-cheesy ones with leftover pitta bread as bases.

Topped with mozzarella, cheddar (Mersey Valley) and a blue (St. Agur).

BURP!!!!

7 comments:

Anna Jane said...

This post actually made my mouth water! You might hate me for this but I think the "piggy insides" meal looks rather appetising! I've never ever had the opportunity to eat Thai food but I've always wanted to give it a go! Is it particularly spicy or generally quite mild?

- Anna Jane xxx
(PixelatedBlonde.com)

flying carpet said...

Oh my! My mouth is watering too. And now, thanks to you, I've just found out that you can order online from Ho's!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Anna Jane,
Haha! I don't hate you...quite a few of my friends, both Asians and Caucasians, like "insides" too. If you like blood puddings and haggis, you'll like what's in that bowl.

It's not a strictly-Thai dish. The Chinese eat everything from top to tail too. Nothing goes to waste in an Asian kitchen.

Not everything Thai is chilli-hot. They use a lot of spices and aromatic herbs. If you ever decide to try the food, make your first meal one at an authentic place. I don't know about the UK but in Australia, I find that there are loads of Thai places that pander to the Western tastebuds too much. x



Good morning, Carpie!
Did you have a good weekend?

Haha! You can have a dim sum party at home! Yesterday when we were there, there was this guy that left with 6 huge bags of stuff. I think he got one of everything. The boyfriend says maybe he's throwing an Australia Day yum cha party. xx

Style Seduction said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG i love dim sum more then life itself.

I wanted to go yesterday but we had nice eggs instead at a lovely cafe in North Perth.

Arrghhhheeeeeeeee but i now am craving squid legs nom nom

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Style Seduction,
Squid legs! Nyum! I love it when they do it in a sticky sweet soy sauce. PHWOAR!

You must get pretty good dim sum in Perth because there's quite a huge Chinese population? x

Chou said...

If you ever ever ever come to NYC while I live here, you must let me know. I think we are kindred eating spirits.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Chou,
I thought that was the plan all along - you take me on a food tour if I'm ever in New York, and I'll take you on one if you visit Sydney!

I think we are too. Tee hee hee. xx