Monday, 28 December 2009

Playing Now > Today We Went To See "Where The Wild Things Are"

Paper Crown - from the boyfriend's Christmas cracker, Vintage Fur Vest - RetroSheila

Boy, am I chatty today! Four posts in a row!

We finally saw Spike Jonze' latest this evening. Had to use up some free tickets that we got given last Christmas before they expire on the 31st.

This was what I wanted to wear to the cinema. I like having a little dressing-up fun sometimes when I go to the movies but the boyfriend, who usually thinks it's kind of cute, said I was mad, that it's Summer, too warm for fur.

It wasn't! We've had wet and grey days since Christmas Eve! And it's only a fur vest. Not a full fur coat!

But I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable walking next to what strangers might think is one of our mad neighbourhood bag ladies so I put my fur and crown away.

The aircon in the cinema was on at full blast and the walk home was windy and chilly. I whinged all the way home, "See, it was weather-appropriate! You've spoilt my dressing-up fun! Hrrmmphh!".

PS. Wilds Things was beautiful. Made me smile and my eyes well. And Max Records is a baby James Spader! Is it pervy to say "I can't wait for him to grow up"?

7 comments:

katiecrackernuts said...

I soooo wanna see that movie and about a million others. It hasn't been a big year for movies. Too much happening. Happy New Year to you. I am so glad you popped up on the comments. I thought of you and your culinary wizardry when I bought the skillet.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Katie!!!!!
Yes, I haven't been reading as many bloggy-pals' blogs regularly as I wanted to the last couple of months because of all the sewing. But I'm back!

Thank you for thinking of me! Tee hee hee. I so want a full set of Le Creuset! In blue.

Happy New year to you too! x

selina said...

what an awesome outfit!!!

Sarah said...

I would so dress like that everyday if it weren't 10000 degrees here! haha

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Selina-nah-nah and Sarah-warah - two cute likkle girls from Singapore!

I wonder what I can wear to go watch Fantastic Mr Fox. Haha. xx

Top bird said...

Love your Wild Things outfit - sounds like it was totally weather appropriate, too! xx

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Tee hee hee. Thank you, Top Bird.

The weather has been so crap here. More rain days per week than sunny ones. Yet another Summer that isn't. Bah. xx