Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Pretty + Gross

Homework Update (for those who are interested):

Completed the Fish panel Saturday night. Finally decided on magenta threads for the "clouds" because I like the sound of "magenta sky". Haha.

Didn't do much after that over the weekend so woke up early yesterday and frantically stitched for hours before class last evening.

The result - a not-so-satisfactory Peacock panel. You can see the difference between the tail feathers and the body - some of the feathers were done in the day, hastily, thus resulting in very bad thread tension (see the lumpy bits on the fabric?) while the body was done in a more relaxed frame-of-mind after class last night.

Five more days to go before the final class on Monday! And there's still so much to do. Shitting bricks.

Ready for something that might be a little gross (to some) now?

My finger. With multiple pinpricks. Haha.

Didn't realise I had so many until a few days ago, when I was cleaning my contact lenses at the end of the day.

I was wondering how they got so gritty when it was actually the roughness of the skin of my finger. Duh.

I don't mind the pinpricks after the intial shock of each stab. What I'm worried about are the tiny bits of blood that might end up on my work if I'm not careful.

It's not that gross, really. One day, if you ask nicely, I might show you my other finger that we've nicknamed "Stumpy"....boating accident years ago.

Alright, back to getting myself pricked.

2 comments:

flying carpet said...

Ewww!

Love the colours of the peacock. It's looking really great. Can't wait to see the end product!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Carpet,
I've just added some purple to the Peacock panel. It needed a "punch"...too much green, as much as I like the colour. xx