Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Paying Only $9.90 To Sleep With Orla Kiely - A Tale Of Exercising Self-Restraint

Not with the talented lady herself. I wish! For I've been a big big fan of her work for a long time now - it was a good day, the day I received my first happy red Stem bag in the mail years ago.

It's her bed linen plastered with her signature prints that I'm talking about.

I've wanted some since the Orla Kiely House line was launched but the strong Pound Sterling and shipping cost kept my hankering at bay.

A few months ago, Myers, one of the two local retail giants, decided to stock the range! I ran to the store on Day #1 but minus shipping cost, the duvet cover and a pair of pillowcases were still beyond the reach of unemployed me.

I've always been very bad at holding back when it comes to shopping but I thought then that I should wait for the Myer sale - everything but the range were on sale in the bed linen department. Bah.

I nearly bought them last week when I was out shopping, at full retail price, with the Myers gift certificates that we recently swapped our credit card points for but didn't because I was feeling poor after splurging on pressies for my mom and dad.

I'm glad I didn't because two days ago, I received a mailer from Myers about their 5-Day Summer Private Sale (from today to Sunday 1 November) for store cardholders, with vouchers that I can use for discounts in the bedding department!

The maths:
~ Duvet cover & pillowcases = (+) $219.90
~ Discount with vouchers = (-) $60.00
~ Gift certificates = (-) $150.00
Amount I had to pay = $9.90!

I scored the Bargain of the Century because I wasn't my usual impatient and impulsive shopping-self! Wow.

I'm out of gift certificates but the discount vouchers can be re-used right up to the last day of the sale. Sorely tempted to get another set in the Multi Stem print (the colourful one on the boxes) - it's my all-time favourite Orla print but I picked the Car Park today because I thought the boyfriend might appreciate having some slightly more boy-like bed linen around. Or should I wait?

7 comments:

yAnn said...

I love Orla Kiely!!!
Buy buy buy!
It's hard to find Orla Kiely here in Singapore and when you do find it, it's often v expensive. :(
Tried to get my hands on the Target-Orla Kiely collaboration last year but most of the stuff were only available in the stores.

flying carpet said...

What a deal!

Lien said...

Oh nice! When Target in the US had Orla Kiely homewares, I was so tempted to order some online but they don't ship to Australia and most of the stuff got sold out super quick anyway.

Top Bird @ Wee Birdy said...

Now that's an awesome deal. How fortuitous that a sale pops up at the right moment!

I'm lusting after some Orla cushions right now. xx

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hellooo yAnn,
Haha! I have until Sunday to decide.

But Orla Kiely UK is holding a 20% off sale this weekend for all their Autumn/Winter 09 things! You can shop online and use this promotional code: OK20AW09

I loved the Target things too but like Lien said below, they don't ship to Australia. Bah. x



Hey Carpie,
You have until Sunday to use the coupons I gave you! xx



Hello Lien,
How have you been? Did you go to Canberra in the end?

It sucks that quite a few online retailers don't ship here. Just plain bah. x



Hey Top Bird,
The Shopping Goddess must love me. Tee hee hee.

Nyum...Orla cushions. She creates such happy prints. xx

Chou said...

My sheets are insanely ashamed, now.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Oh, Chou, tell your sheets I got lucky. And give them a few caresses for me. x