Wednesday, 14 October 2009

New Neck Thing + Christmas Shopping

Recently added a new piece to the bits of silver that I usually wear around my neck...

...the Acme Thunderer Whistle. A pretty weighty chunk of metal. And, yes, it works (quite a few people have asked and no, I didn't demonstrate because it's pretty shrill).

Have always wanted to wear one (lately more because of Glee on TV!) but never found one good-looking enough until I went early Christmas shopping at the Remo Birthday Pre-sale for registered customers.

The whistle is a little treat for myself for being so organised with the Christmas shopping this year. Tee hee hee. Oh, I sneakily added another Stripey Thing in beige at the end.

The sale is now open to the general public! Starting today and ends next Wednesday. I'd say get onto their website quick! Even if you don't have a list ready.

The boyfriend and I didn't but browsing through the 274 items that they stock certainly gave us ideas! We've already half-drawn (got part of their gifts) big fat black lines across the names of six people that we have to get presents for.

It was a good way to discretely Christmas "shop" for the boyfriend too - read his reaction to things that I point out pretending that they are for people we know. And of course a great opportunity for me to drop massive hints for what I hope to get. Haha.

Have fun shopping!

3 comments:

Top Bird @ Wee Birdy said...

Really impressed by Remo - it sprung up again in Sydney after I had moved to London, but I remember it being a favourite many years ago.

Love your picks - and the website is also brilliant with lots of big pics! xx

katiecrackernuts said...

I love those whistles. I have a whistle for Guides and I was watching train conductors on the platforms on Sunday and how they use their whistles. Check it out, it's clever, they hold them upside down and use a finger over the hole (the one not for blowing) to make different sounds. Too cool.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Top Bird,
They are one of those companies that feels like they have a great corporate culture that is not at all corporate?

I loved visiting the Oxford Street store whenever I come for a holiday. Such a feast for the eyes!

(Blogger somehow ate my picks! Argh!) xx





Hey Katie,
Tee hee hee. Your whistle actually gets used!

Yes! My P.E. teacher in school used to do the train conductor thing with her whistle. x