Thursday, 15 October 2009

I've Got Blingsome Wings!

Wing, actually.

The two sides combine to make a Monowing - silver on one side and gold on the other.

I finished sequin-ing the outlines on Tuesday night.

Thought I should "colour" them in with more glittery shiny things so out I went yesterday to get more sequins in a different tone of gold and silver, and two sizes up for contrast.

Lousy idea. I wanted the wings to be cheesy over-the-top blingsome but filling in the blanks was waaaaaay too much. To me anyway (might look great to others?). Idea scraped after a lot of unpicking.

Maybe clean lines-loving me is just not cut out to make elaborate-looking things. I always have "Less is more!" going around in my head. Melly, a bloggy pal of mine, said recently, "It’s as important to be creative as it is to have an editing eye." Couldn't agree more! But sometimes, I do wish that my "editing eye" is not that vicious. Like with these wings. Maybe they did need the extra few beads and sequins.....nah!

Anyway, it's too late now.

I've joined the two panels together and put the stuffed frame in - a bit like stuffing chicken wings except I put "bones" in instead for taking them out. To make the wing stay upright (pleeeeease stay up, wing, when the time comes!)

2 comments:

melly said...

It looks great the way it is I find! Tho in my head, if you blinged out the blanks, it could look really radddd. But so crazy tho! It's too much work!

Right now the wings look like a nice balance of good angel with EDGE!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Smeowly,
Maybe, if I ever make another one, I'll fill it in. Haha.

An edgy good angel. I like! Hee. x