Monday, 26 October 2009

Floral Bat, Mall Rats & A Clever Cat

Floral Batwing Top - Secondhand from Gorman House Markets, Canberra, Bag - Mimco Lucy Tote, Bits around neck - Becksöndergaard eelskin star and Minigranny Purse

Ms Carpet and I were going to do another big Bondi Bonanza yesterday but the crappy weather foiled our plan! It was too wet to go to the markets by the beach so we put Plan B into action and met further inland at Westfield Bondi Junction instead.

The old adage "It's not where you are but who you're with" rings true again. We had a ball-of-a-time especially in the bargain sections of the chainstores.

I'm usually a lone mall rat. More so when I have something specific to hunt down. I will go into every shop to see if they stock what I want (or close to it because most of the time, it's something I see in my head and may not exist on the racks or in designers' heads yet) and I hate the stress of dragging someone else, who might not be as enthusiastic, along on my hunt. I like to take my time and not have to worry about my pal waiting while I try an armful of things on in the fitting room.

However, when I'm shopping with no purpose ("Ooooh, let's see what goodies we'll find by accident today!") or for a quick fix (cheap instant gratification rubbish that I don't need), I love company that I can squeal in delight to.

To have a much-needed beer-and-hot-chips break with. And I realised over the course of the day that Ms Carpet has the same go-into-every-shop shopping pattern as me. Takes one to know one?

Our loot of what my pal Poochie and I call "unnecessary thing-things" (U.T.T.):

A huge floral-print bowl (25% off!) from Target for me and a wristlet purse from Dangerfield for Ms Carpet. An unintentional floral-themed day? We would have bought the cute floral scanty panties (three for $25) at Cotton On Body if they fit properly (too much excess fabric at the butt).

The best quick fixes are junky accessories, we agreed. I wanted a short strand of tiny pearls and found some at Diva but price was not low enough for fakes so I put them back.

Glad I did for I found these silver ones at Portmans after! On the 50%-off rack.

I love how the perfect-sized beads are strung on a silver chain and free to move around. And it fits snugly around my neck like how I wanted the pearls to. A new pal for my neck things!

Ms Carpet, being the good kitty-mommy that she is, bought a hilarious new placemat for her cat's feeding bowls at Hart & Heim (click on photo to enlarge).

Photo by Ms Carpet

And here's Heidi at Ms Carpet's home later in the evening reading the "mews".

Thank you for yet another great day-out, Ms Carpet. Looking forward to Bondi Bonanza Part III!

9 comments:

Jin6655321 said...

You guys have Targets in Australia?!?! Is it as glorious and wondrous as the ones in the US? Is it big and bright and flowing with awesomeness? I poked around the Australian site. The logo is the same but the in-house brand seems different.

Oh, just did a Wiki search. They have the rights to the name and logo but the two are unrelated. Still, if I'm ever in Australia, I will have to stop by and pay homage. My love for Target runs deep, very deep.

flying carpet said...

Ahahaha Heidi is famous! She loves her mews, even if she just likes to sit on it.
Kindered shopping buddies ahoy!

sel said...

1. I love Target!
2. I miss Target...boo
3. U.T.T FTW!
4. oooooh flora prints!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Jin,
Yes, we do! And K-Mart too!

But our Target hasn't done that many funky collaborations with designers as the U.S. one. The first was with Stella McCartney (mayhem at the stores on first day!) and the last one I remember was Josh Goot.

And you'll have to let me know when/if you ever decide to come visit! xx



Carpie!
Haha! Is she still sitting on it? Or has she given way to her bowls?

Ahoy! Mr Nice's stall next time! xx



Miss Nah-nah!
Haha! I love lists! And you do too!

What is "FTW"? I'm not with-it when it comes to all these newfangly abbreviations. xx

selina said...

For The Win - an enthusiastic emphasis to the end of a comment/message or post.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Haha! Got it! xx

The Clever Cat said...

A clever cat? Hey, that's me! haha

I really like the placemat. So charming!

katiecrackernuts said...

I am in LOVE with that top. It's fabulous. FABULOUS.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Clever Cat!
I thought of you when I typed that title in. Tee hee hee.

Pets nowadays...spoilt rotten! x



Hey Katie,
One day, if I ever get bored with it, I know who to hand it down to. x