Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Tangerine Sydney Sky

Image from here

It's not a photo that's been digitally-manipulated.

This was really what we woke up to this morning. A dust storm of sorts - really strong winds lifted and carried the dust from the dry drought-affected inland areas to the city overnight.

I've never seen anything like it. Quite pretty, I thought. Until I saw the sawdust-like layer of fine orange particles covering every surface in our apartment.

Half-a-day spent dusting and cleaning! Bah! Shouldn't have left that tiny gap in the balcony door last night. Sigh. Hindsight.

6 comments:

Farren said...

It is really pretty to look at -- but, you're right... after the orange coated house incident I wouldn't have been too excited. Haha.

Jin6655321 said...

Whoa! How surreal! Is the air safe to breath?

Kayla said...

That looks ridiculous! Kind of cool, but I agree that dusting would be a pain! Hope you got everything cleaned.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Farren,
Like a sunset in the morning.

I had to go over everything twice! Haha. x




Hey Jin,
I don't think so. Quite a few people went to the hospitals seeking help for respiratory problems.

Some of them were out for their morning run...you'd think people would be clever enough to know that they shouldn't. x




Hey Kayla!
I did. Thank you! Everything, including the air and sky, is back to normal today. x

melly said...

I saw it on the news last night! And i sat in front of the telly mouth-wide-open. It's so cool and scary at the same time. So glad you snapped a picture!

Has the storm passed? I hope so, i can imagine the mess it created. Oh but such an amazing thing to witness.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Smeowly,
The photo is not by me! Haha! I wish. It's from the Sydney Morning Herald website.

Everything was seriously orange! All the cars parked outside were coated! The carwash places did a roaring trade yesterday!

Another one is forecasted for tomorrow. BAH!!!! I really hope it doesn't hit. x