Friday, 15 May 2009

The Naughty Likkle Girl Who Wurves Melissa Shoes

The courier dropped these off this morning.

After I first saw them a couple of months ago, I've been trying my darnest to not think of them since I'm still not gainfully-employed. But it's very hard with all of them plastic cuties. Those who know me know that I cannot resist adding new models to my collection the moment they hit the shops.

Predictably, I caved and bought these caramel three-strappers. The excuse, not that I needed one, was birthday-gift-to-self. I blame the collector within me and also the uncle who first sowed the seed by giving me one of his old stamp albums when I was five.

I said I wasn't going to do another yearbook-type group photo of my shoes after the last one because it made me feel guilty for being such a consumaterialist. Well, I ought to feel bad! To punish myself for my naughty purchase, a self-induced guilt trip was in order - meet the girls...

...in chronological order, from the first pair that started this whole collecting frenzy at top left...

~ Campana Zig Zag by the Campana Brothers in Silver / "Can't remember her name" in Beige / Esmeralda by Edson Matsuo in Brown

~ Campana Sapatilha by the Campana Brothers in Clear / Night by Edson Matsuo in White / Ultragirl by Edson Matsuo in Flocked Red

~ Sweet Lips by Isabela Capeto in Blue / Indie by Edson Matsuo in Green / Mary-Jane by Vivienne Westwood in Green

~ Scarfun Wedge by Alexandre Herchcovitch in Beige / Three Straps by Vivienne Westwood in Caramel

Alright, disgust for myself has seriously set in. I hope it stays for a while. At least until I track down a pair of Zaha Hadid locally.

10 comments:

E(ileen) said...

That is QUITE a collection! I do like them! My only consolation is that we are the same size shoe, and if and when you want to sell them...

melly said...

hohoho that's a lot of melissa shoesies! i really like the Mary-Jane by Vivienne Westwood in Green, do you have photos of your happy feet in them?

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Eileen -
Haha! There's only a pair that I tried selling on Ebay because I can't wear stilettos but no one wanted them. The rest, I won't sell because I hate breaking things in a "set" up, like my comics, toys, music...


Melly -
I really have to stop buying them but they keep coming up with such great designs! And they are the most comfortable shoes ever - I never had to break into them and they never gave me blisters.

Will send you a photo of my bony in them soon. x

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Bony feet...

Top Bird @ Wee Birdy said...

Oh. My. God. I'm in awe of your collection. I want every single pair.

I've actually got my eye on those Viv Westwood/Melissa t-bars. I've been wearing flats ever since I got the arthritis diagnosis (not glamorous at all!) but think I might just be able to manage a wee bit of height. xx

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

The cold where you are is certainly not helping the ailment!

The Vivs are seriously the best height-adding shoes ever! The first time I wore them was to a wedding and then the reception - I was on my feet for at least twelve hours (loads of walking and then dancing in the last few)and I felt like I was on flats all day at the end of the day. And I didn't trip or fall over once. Buy them! xx

ModeAttitudeCulture said...

I love their shoes, too. One of favs is the collaboration with Campana Brothers. It's a pity that I cant afford the VWs versions. Sigh. Here is my not so-impressive collection that consisted of black versions :)http://modeattitudeculture.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-rubber-dream-shoes.html

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello ModeAttitudeCulture,
Thank you for popping by!
My introduction to Melissa was a pair by the Campana Brothers and look what they've done to me. Haha!
Don't you worry, I'm sure the Vivs will go on sale on day.
And you have some good pairs in your collection! Take good care of them. x

akuanti said...

omai...i love ur shoes....:(

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Thank you for popping by, Akuanti.

I love them very mush too. x