Thursday, 28 May 2009

Buying Love

Of course affection can be bought!

I've been stocking up on Love from Geneine Honey since her early perspex phase. There's really nothing not to love about the Australian designer's range of quirky and well-crafted accessories.

Frank the Sausage Dog is my latest paramour. He took a while to arrive (poor Frank #1 got lost in the mail) but you know they say "you can't hurry love".

Hopefully, Frank will fill the void that Matthew the Mouse left in my heart since that fateful day last winter when he didn't come home with me. Not that Matthew is that easily replaced! The moment that I realised that he was gone, I went to Tatty Devine (another great place to buy love) to try to procure one of his brothers but they were old, and crunchier and younger models have taken over.

All I have to remember darling Matthew by is this photo, taken during Chinese New Year last year (it was the Year of the Rat). Sometimes, I still dream of staring lovingly into his Swarovski crystal eyes and stroking his velvety leather ears...hmm...happy days.

I hope Frank is here to stay for I just can't bear losing another good piece of wood (filth not intended!). He seems pretty happy going on walks with the Likkle Bwoy and I think he's looking forward to going to Singapore one day just so he can mark his spot under my pal Poochie's apple tree. I love cheeky boys!

5 comments:

WendyB said...

Matthew is adorable.

flying carpet said...

Love your blog, long time reader, never commented before but just had to this time - I have a Frank too but have named him Alfred! I love him!
Keep up the great posts x

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Ms B -
Matthew was adorable...*SOB*...the one that got away...*WAIL* x


Flying Carpet -
Thank you, Flying Carpet! For reading and for leaving a comment. I don't know how many long-time readers I have but you're the first to say "hello". You've really made my day! Truly.

Hmmm...He does look more like an Alfred now that you've put the name in my head. I named him Frank, as in Furter...sausage. Hee hee. Corny me.

Thank you, again. Hope to see you flying through soon! xx

Top Bird @ Wee Birdy said...

Frank is v. cute - really lovely pieces there. xx

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Thinking of buying the huge wall-hanging Frank...xx