Thursday, 14 May 2009

Bird-day

The boyfriend and I play a very silly game every evening. From the moment he gets home until we go to bed, we keep score of the number of "birds" (the middle finger) we spring on each other at the most inopportune and unexpected moments - during dinner, mid-conversation, while watching TV, when one of us is on the phone...the person with the highest tally at the end of the evening wins.

This morning, I woke up to this package that he's placed on the 'puter before he left for work, wrapped in paper that he's printed - a photo montage of him doing the "bird", at least 30 of them. Fucker!

Within was another "bird". A book celebrating the style of a very cool old bird that I've wanted for a long time. It's the cheeky sod's way of saying "Happy Bird-day".

I turn 39 today. I can only hope that I'd still be able to wear what I want to wear and have a fraction of Iris Apfel's style and substance when I'm her age.

13 comments:

Farren said...

hahaha. well, that definitely keeps things fun and silly. =)

katiecrackernuts said...

Happy birthday. Your fella is a funny fucker - at the very least, he's got that - and 30 ``the birds'' up on you.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Farren -
Yes, we do a lot of silly things that does not befit our age. x


Katie -
Thank you. He is. But I'm going to win the "bird" tally this evening! x

Skye said...

Happy birthday, hope it's a cracker!

A dreamer said...

HEY! you didn't tell me it was your birthday!
cute gift! and of course you'll be just as stylist when yo uare iris apfels age.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Skye -
Thank you, Mommy-of-Little-Dude! We'll be having a quiet one. xx


Dreamer -
I haven't been excited about my own birthdays since I was five so I usually keep very quiet about it prior to the day, hoping friends will forget and not offer to throw parties. I get very embarrassed when I get too much attention focused on me at one go by many people.

If I live as long as Ms Apfel...xx

Ben Etc said...

hah hah that birdgame sound so Leo
best demonstrated by Jofe doing a Leo impression

that phrase 'showing the bird' also always reminds me of your eeks about ostrich and/or Emu. nope, no idea where she's done neither. but every time i hear the phrase i think: what kind of bird is it meant to be? a goose? a swan? an emu.... etc

we cheers you from POW tonight. roger and i at least.

E(ileen) said...

Happy birthday!!!!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Ben -
My "bird" is a likkle yellow canary. Looks cute but damn vicious.

It's not fair you got Roger all to yourself! Hrmph!!!!! xx



Eileen -
Thank you. I'm a "lao char boh" now.

WendyB said...

Happy bird day 2 ewe!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Thank you, Ms B. More "old veg" than "ewe", I think. x

Top Bird @ Wee Birdy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Am kicking myself for missing this post.

Am loving the bird collage your bloke made. Too funny. xx

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Thank you, Top Bird! I'm an old bird now.

In the process of making my own "bird" collage...bigger and better! Tee hee hee. xx