Monday, 20 April 2009

Round And Round We Go

A few days ago, I promised photos of a play session with my new American Apparel Circle Vest...mmmm...the two layers of organic cotton is so soft and cuddly like the flannelette blankie I had when I was kid that I would stroke with my right hand while I sucked the thumb on the left one...I cried for days when my mom threw it out to get me kick the thumbsucking habit...maybe I'll pick it up again with the vest. Anyway, the photos...






















Worn like you would wear a regular vest.



















Folded in half and worn like a shawl.













Put my head through one armhole and one arm through the other hole.

Works too with head through both armholes but looked a tad silly.












Worn back to front like a smock in playschool art classes.

Yibbeedee-yibbeedee, that's all, folks. Show-and-tell over.

Sorry to disappoint if you were expecting me to wear it with different outfits. Too lazy. Also like in pharmaceutical drug testing, there has to be a constant, right? The V-neck and the high-waisted culottes are it, in this case.

If you have new and funky ways to wear yours, do share!

8 comments:

A dreamer said...

:O a circle with 2 holes is so versatile. mind boggling stuff.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

It is!

I'm now thinking of getting my tailor to make one with four holes. There were things that I wanted to do with the American Apparel one but couldn't because of lack of holes. xx

personalshopper said...

Very clever!! Soft and light enough for the oven-like weather here?? I want!

Kiss!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Yesh! I think Mommy Noi-noi wants one too. Go to the website, tell me which colour you want and I'll go get both together. x

E(ileen) said...

Very smart! I am increasingly influenced by your dress sense -- note the beige buy the other day and now have a dire need to get a circle vest, too. But I just bought two trench coats, I'm scared of winter.

Icy said...

Circle vest=fabulous idea! Way cool.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

They are clever, aren't they, at American Apparel?

Haha! It's easy to dress like I do...most of what I wear are pretty affordable and I list all my sources...the rest is up to you.

I so hate the cold but I love being able to wear things that I can never ever wear in Singapore.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Icy!
So fabulous that I bought another one today *spank* while I was in there buying the vests for my friends in Singapore. x