Sunday, 22 February 2009

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Gween Shoes

Worn to death: Orla Kiely Cafe Creme Wellies, Orla Kiely Tonal Stem Wellies, Tretorn Wedged Wellies

I could have been a nicely-manicured "shrub" last night instead of a "tree" if I had worn green from head to toe, it occured to me this morning.

Only been out once or twice: Far East Plaza Tartan Flats, Melissa Indie, Camper 'Twins' Mary-Janes, Melissa/Vivienne Westwood T-Bars


Since all my shoes, both in boxes and not, have been driven out of their usual home and living in our bedroom at the moment (dreadful renovation!), I thought, for fun "stock-taking" purposes, I should bust out the green ones (we'll leave those in other colours for another day, maybe) and do a count.

Old hags: Douglas Sandals, Irregular Choice Kitten-Heeled Pumps, RAS Rosette Flats

The kiddy ditty Ten Green Bottles popped into my head, as I was popping the shoes out of their boxes, so here they are, lined up on our empty bookshelves (and unfinished floor - dreadful renovation!) like bottles.






















I was reminded of another song, one that my bestie wrote about me years ago, "...How can you expect to find your feet...When you’ve so many pairs of shoes?...". Cheeky bugger.

15 comments:

Top Bird @ Wee Birdy said...

Oh man, you've got such an enviable collection of (albeit green) shoes! I want them all. Those wellies are awesome! xx

Gervy said...

I'm envious too... I love green at least as much as you and I've only got three pairs of green shoes! There's at least for pairs in your line-up that I am gagging for. xxx

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Top Bird,
If I can, I'd live in my wellies everyday! Maybe I have a rubber fetish that I don't know of yet. xx


Hey Gigi,
I think I know which ones you like...go have a look at the RAS website http://www.rasshoes.com/. They are my favourite Spanish shoemakers after Camper. xx

A dreamer said...

green overload! so this is what you do when you are bored...
heheh soo cute.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Dreamer,
There are much sillier things that boredom leads me to do but maybe not so publishable. Tee hee hee. x

E(ileen) said...

oh how i love these shoes. i am going to link you immediately in a blog post in lieu of a real post. i am dying for those wellies but in red.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Haha, you lazy (or busy?) girl, Eileen!

They never made the wellies in red, I 'm afraid. The closest would have been a burnt orange for the Tonal Stems. But they are a few years old and I have not seen any re-issues.

monkeycrab said...

hello! i got here via Eileen's blog. i so dig those green wellies of yours! are you going to do a photo post on those other shoes you have in other colours too?

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Monkeycrab,
Thank you for dropping by!
Haha...ummm...I don't know if I'll do another shoes-by-colour post.
It was actually quite confronting to see all my green shoes lined up like that. I mean, I knew I had a bad shoe-buying habit but when they were stored away, it didn't seem so bad? Seeing them together, out of their boxes, made me feel kind of guilty.

KATLIN said...

This is so adorable! I've never known someone that had a collection of shoes in one color. Maybe black (that doesn't really count), but never COLOR!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

I don't know why I'm so drawn to green shoes but they seem to match most things in my wardrobe. And I know black shoes are basics but I don't own any except for the boots and rubber clogs that I wear for work and only for work. x

chou said...

Yep. I love your closet.

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Chou,
I'm still saving for that trip to where you are...x

Gervy said...

You SHOULD feel guilty, you consumaterialist, you!
xxx

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Wahahahahahahahahaha! Throwing my own made-up word back at me, are you?

I do feel guilty for being so "consumptious" sometimes. xxx