Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Nearly At The End Of Your Polaroid Stash?

The Instant Digital Camera from the Polaroid PoGo range of products. Available Spring (Northern Hemisphere) 2009.

A digital camera with an integrated printer. A personal portable Neo Print Photo Booth. Like in the good old days. Instant gratification! What fun, I thought. Until I read this in the product description, "...the Instant Digital Camera is full of features to perfect any photo."

That line had me thinking...the imperfection of the prints that spit out of my old Polaroid camera is precisely why I love them. The grainy-ness and the never-true-to-life colours always made everything seem more beautiful than when viewed with the naked eye. Or shot with a smart digital camera. So while the Pogo is a novel idea, I'm not going to run out to buy one. Not until they make one that has the ability to print photos with the same "flaws" as the classic models.

4 comments:

Imelda Matt said...

Agreed. Aren't we already surrounded by enough 'perfect' imagery?

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Yes! You know I'm all for the "pretty-ugly" things...

Top Bird said...

I've always regretted not getting a polaroid camera, but the added expense of the film was a big turn-off.

Kicking myself. xx

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Don't feel bad, Top Bird. If you had bought one, you'll now be stuck with a camera that you can't reload...a cute white elephant. xx