Monday, 29 December 2008

Tweet Tweets!

The posties are back at work today and ours brought me this. I love late Christmas surprises except this was not meant to be one.

I've been expecting a package from the Top Bird over at Wee Birdy because we decided to do a fun girly swap of sweet treats after I did a post on panfortes a while ago. When it didn't arrive weeks after she sent it, we thought the strict Australian Customs had confiscated it because of the edibles but now we know that it was probably stuck in the Christmas postal jam. Phew! I would be really upset if I had missed out on these goodies that Top Bird had so thoughtfully selected.






















A cute birdie and teapot(!) card by illustrator Kate Seaward at I Like Pens.

The simply-too-pretty-to-eat sweeties! My heart skipped a beat and I let out a loud squeal when I saw the sherbet dip on top of the lot in the box! It's been a while since I've had a pack of those. And I Y Love Hearts! And that cute little pink sugar mouse! And...and...and...the assortment of kiddy candies! Then there's the grown-up stuff like the chunk of nougat and the chocolate-coated figs (that's them in the pink, green and red packages tied up with strings).

What's that Tatty Devine jewellery box doing in the corner with all the sweets, you might ask. Well, the cheeky Top Bird snuck in a surprise!

This darling Telephone Ring! Tee hee hee. I guess we're both pretty on par in the cheeky department - I planted a surprise (also a piece of accessory) with the panforte I sent too.

A big big "Thank You", Top Bird! For the box of tweetness. This post was written with the "Ring-ring" ring on my finger and the very delicious chocolate-coated figs in my mouth.

6 comments:

JafaBrit's Art said...

oh that is just too cool, all those goodies in the mail :)

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Hey JafaBrit,
Just sent you an email! Haha.

Yes, Top Bird and I had so much fun with the swap that we are thinking of doing an international "Pass The Parcel" involving all the lovely people that we have "met" via blogging. Bring back the element of surprise and the warm fuzzy feeling of receiving something tangible via snail mail, we say! Now, we just have to find some time to work out the "how"...x

E(ileen) said...

oh i love that package, it is divine! i love your ring-ring! how cuteee!

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

And very tasty too! The sweeties are almost gone...
Love the ring!

Top Bird said...

Hurrah, so good to see the parcel made it to the other side of the world safe and sound.

I was worried those choc-covered figs were not going to pass muster with Aust. customs dudes.

I must confess that I have a (most unfashionable) soft spot for packaging, so I couldn't resist coloured paper parcels of sweeties.

Also? I've since tasted some of those English sweeties and whilst I love the retro appeal, some of them aren't exactly bursting with flavour. BUT. I love Parma violets. What did you make of them? Weird, huh?

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Is packaging not fashionable now? Oooh, then I'm behind with you. I'm a sucker for anything in a pretty package. Even when I know the product is crap.

Hmmm...they are my first Parma Violets. I have to say they taste like I have Nanna's flower-scented soap in my mouth. And the tail note...like I drank perfume. Yes, definitely weird but fun-weird. Thank you again for sending them and everything else in that box my way. xxxx