Friday, 26 December 2008

Stuffed Like A Turkey

I think I ate yesterday what I would usually eat in one week.

The healthiest thing I had were these vegetable packages - broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, shiitake mushroom and onions dressed in a fried garlic and eschalot olive oil with a sprinkle of pretty pink Murray River salt flakes and ground white pepper, wrapped in foil - cooked in their own steam on the barbie. Not traditional barbeque or Christmas food but I made them for my grandma who's visiting from Singapore - she's typically Asian and doesn't eat the raw vegetables in salads. And everyone needs some healthy crunchy bites at a meat-filled grill-fest!

Edible things that I don't want to see, smell or consume for at least a year - anything with alcohol-soaked fruits in them! Mince pies, Christmas puddings, stollens...not even chocolate-covered rum balls made from leftover puddings. No!

No comments: