Thursday, 6 November 2008

Getting Ready For The Silly Season Already?!

A one-off edible Christmas wreath we made for a charity auction - the "holly berries" are flavoured chocolate truffles (red = Tia Maria, green = Grand Marnier and gold = spiced) and the little packages are panforte.

Larger blocks of addictive panforte waiting to be wrapped in fancy brown paper and beribboned.

Rows of traditional Christmas puddings that I spent hours dressing up - waxed paper...two layers of muslin...cellophane...ribbon...waxed paper...two layers of muslin...cellophane...ribbon...

But I love wrapping things and making them look pretty! We didn't hide pennies or charms in this batch. Next one, maybe.

9 comments:

Top Bird said...

Your Christmas goodies look amazing! Do we know where you work (or is that a likkle secret?).
LOVE the look of that Panaforte - delicious.
I think I'll have to start posting all the Chritmas stuff I've got up my sleeve... xx

A dreamer said...

aw thats so sweet...
YUMMM. I'm sure people will enjoy them.

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Top Bird - Thank you. I'll let you in on my likkle secret via email...
And looking forward to your Christmas goodies posts! I'm sure they will they make me super-jealous as always. xxx


Dreamer - We sure hope they do!

KATLIN said...

Oh my god. I'm salivating right now. Chocolate, especially the really dark kind, is my favorite!

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Kaitlin the Chocolate Fiend!

chou said...

Yum. But are you going to share a recipe for panaforte? It looks so good . . . I love the wrapped puddings. My mom always makes steamed pudding this time of year.

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Hello Chou,
I can't find an email address on your blog to send the recipe to. Or am I blind? Please forward address?

Your mom must have started soaking the dried fruit for the puddings a while ago? I love that part of the process...it's kind of like cultivating the starter for a sourdough.

we could grow up together said...

the panfortes make me drool

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

And they make me fat, Mr C.

Thank you for visiting.