Thursday, 16 October 2008

Raiding The Kiddie's Department Again

My mommy would approve. She still loves her not-so-little girl in real likkle girls' dresses.

This one would remind her of my kindergarten days. The nuns said we could wear anything as long as it was in gingham. Mom had fun buying the checked fabrics in all colours and getting her tailor to make me cute little dresses in all permutation she could think of.

I was sold the moment I saw the gigantic corsage(!) near the hem but even in the largest kiddie size, the dress is a tad too short so it'll be worn as a flowy calf-length skirt with a thick smocked waistband (what would be the bodice on a 14-year-old).

My mom can't sew (but boy, can she cook!). Her sister, my aunt, is the crafty one. When I was little, she used to make me these beautiful dresses with the most intricate of smocking.


Both of them would love me this drop-waist dress in eyelet embroidery cotton in my favourite green.

The kids sure have it good these days. So many pwetty dresses that can be bought off the racks! And adults who refuses to grow up get to reap the benefits.

4 comments:

Jin6655321 said...

I always check out the girl section as well. I'm short so the pants don't require tailoring and the prices are way cheaper.

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Hey Jin,
Sometimes it pays not to be too tall, huh? x

Gervy said...

They are gorgeous. Hopefully you'll wear one of these on one of our playdates! x

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Thank you...when we fix a playdate! x