Sunday, 10 August 2008

On A Nordic Kick















More Scandinavian goodness in this pair of pretty-ugly Swedish clogs.

Been eyeing them in Funkis, a cute little shop filled to the brim with all-things Nordic, but do I need another pair of wooden clogs? Or another pair of some-might-say-"ugly" shoes, for that matter? Plus risk having the Despotic Shoe-Policewoman carry out her threat of tasering me in public should she catch me wearing non-Imelda-approved footwear?

Yes! Yes! Yes! These ugly beauties, a cross between the traditional closed-toe clogs and the Birkenstock, won. And the tan leather sealed the deal.

Serving suggestion: Wear them with socks for added pretty-ugliness.

Available at these Funkis stores and online.

5 comments:

Imelda Matt said...

I've got the perfect pair of grey walking socks that you have. Plus they'll absorb some of taser shock!

ps I've been meaning to tell you that Imelda's taser heels made into the Taser Times http://tasertimes.com/the-best-shod-mercinaries/

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Thank you, Mrs M, for being so considerate! And they sound exactly like what I've been wearing.

Woohoo! The Taser Hall of Fame. Congratulations! x

Glowing Doll said...

I like pretty-ugly too and so does this lady:

http://thatsjustmyvibe.blogspot.com/2008/08/ugly-you-aint-got-no-alibi.html

This Scandinvian shop sounds cool.

JafaBrit's Art said...

Oh dear, I rather like these, although I think I would skip the socks LOL!

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Hey C,
Haha! It's winter here. Socks are good.

You should try a pair (the clogs, not the socks). They don't look it but they are so comfortable. I think you are a 'red' girl. x