Thursday, 14 August 2008

Highlander















I've never been much of a fan of the Dolce & Gabbana school of fashion but I love tartan (Thanks to Ms Westwood) and this ad of theirs has stayed stuck in my head since I saw it two weeks back. Enough for me to visit the D&G site, for the first time ever, for more.


























It's a shame winter is about to end in our neck of the woods and I've yet to clock enough mileage out of my heavier tartan pieces but I fully intend to carry-forward the reds and some of the things that I love from the campaign - the envelope clutches, the schoolgirl/boy-like leather satchels and the Queen's tied-under-the-chin-style scarf usage - into summer. Some farmyard animals would be nice too.

5 comments:

Glowing Doll said...

I saw this Ad in last month's copy of id magazine. I thought it was fantastic. It was like The Highlander meets The Adams Family!

Glowing Doll said...

I especially like the clashing tartans (dress with clashing tights.

It is definitely a change (for the better) for D&G.

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Hey D,
That's where I saw it too. And they have a new one in this month's.

You lucky Northern Hemisphere-rs! You have a few months ahead to wear as much of that as possible.

TheSundayBest said...

Soon this hemisphere will be heading into fall and I for one am ready.

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Mr W,
Yes, but you are always ready for any sartorial situation! Have fun! And I'm looking forward to seeing you wearing a sporran.