Sunday, 29 June 2008

"Elvis Is An Attitude"













...said a tattoo in one of the photos at the Rockabilly: Living in the 50s photo exhibition.

It really is! With all of photographer Steven Siewert's subjects - the modern-day rockabillies of Australia, it's truly a way of life for them. Almost everything that they do and own is period-perfect, right down to their baby's prams.

I've seen them live in 3-D, at the annual Fifties Fair on the grounds of the breathtakingly-amazing Rose Seidler House, where a lot of Siewert's photos were shot. It's a sight to behold. Be there or be square!

2 comments:

Fashion Addict said...

funny picture!!! BTW, I love your blog and I think it's something that I should read all the posts of! I was wondering, would you like to do a link exchange with me?

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Hello Fashion Addict,

Thank you.

Are you playing with me? I'm asking because your request came at a really funny time.
Did you come across my blog via Fop and Dandies' or Flying Saucer's links to this post http://likklegirl.blogspot.com/2008/06/blogging-new-popularity-contest-how-to.html?

But it doesn't matter because I visited your blog and liked it so yes, I would love to do an exchange with you.
I don't mean to sound like a snob but the blogs on my list are blogs that I truly read daily and there is only so much time in a day so I'm afraid I have to be a little selective.