Thursday, 15 May 2008

Close-up: Converse Lil (RED) Riding Hood

According to my blog-stats, a huge percentage of people who visited this likkle blog chanced upon it via their search for information on this pair of shoes.

Here, people, feast your eyes! Live from my living room floor.














On the drawstring calico shoebag that they came in. Note the two red eyelets on the bag - so in-line with the theme.














The out-side: A likkle red birdie at the heel. Likkle Red herself with a tiny basket. Two toadstools that I hope she's not going to pick.














The in-side: More cute likkle red birdies and two trees of what look like the coniferous species.














The insole: Completely red with a white birdie "perched" on the label.














End-credit: On the inside of the left shoe, on a splotch of white "paint" - (Artist # 3) - who is the super-talented Swedish illustrator-of-cutesyness Camilla Engman.

One of the birthday presents from the boyfriend. He knew I was kind of over owning them, bored with the wait (I wrote about them in February and they've only recently arrived in Hype) and had moved on to other covetables but sweet ol' him, who's also a fan of Converses, thought I should have them anyway because he doesn't want to hear me whinging, a few months down the road, about missing out should I change my mind about them (which I do pretty often with things) and when they are no longer available.

To get your own, here's a list of Hype stores in Australia. Be quick! They are selling out fast. Or go to the Connie-wonnie website.

12 comments:

chou said...

Hmm. My shoes only wish they had such panache.

Gervy said...

They are totally gorgeous! I can't wait to see them on you... x

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Chou - My head wishes to have as much baking-related scientific knowledge as yours does.x

Gervy - At the moment, I can only see myself wearing them with this crispy white summer dress that the 'personal shopper' sent me so you might have to wait til it gets warmer, or we can go shopping! x

WendyB said...

Soooooooooooo cute.

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Thank you, Ms B.

Yu said...

Hi
i wish you had been commenting sooner cause I love your blog too! great minds think alike :)!

I have to say this was the first entry that caught my another, just another item to add to my list of lemmings!

YU

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Hi Yu,
You know how I'm not big on commenting.

Better go get them shoes before they sell out!

Justin said...

So sweet!! My mom gifted me a same pair of Converse shoes on my birthday.

gingmaganda said...

hooray! hooray! i got the same pair today! after waiting for about a year! finally!!!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hello Gingmaganda,
Wow! What luck! I thought they had sold out.

They are the cutest! I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with them. I do. x

Chloe said...

I love these!! So cute ^_^

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Hey Chloe,
And these three-year-olds are still in good shape!
x