Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Bitman For Mirabel














I've decided that this is what I'm going to be making for the Softies for Mirabel project . A 3D version of ...














...Japanese "device artist" Ryota Kuwakubo's 2D Bitman...














...with the pattern from his remarkable Remakeable T-shirt.














No, I'm not going to cut up my t-shirt! No way. It's special, given to me as a 'thank you' present by the grumpiest director that I've ever worked with, literally off his back which makes it that little bit more special because he's not known to be nice like that.

I'm making the Bitman from the pieces that I had traced off the print to make the very first one which I sent to the director - one good turn deserves another. In the same spirit of passing on good vibes, I think it's a pretty apt choice for a softie for Mirabel.

2 comments:

diamondcanopy said...

I really like this idea, I wouldn't dare cut up the t-shirt either!

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Thank you. It's not a case of 'daring', more like 'not wanting to inflict pain on my heart'. Do go to Mike's site (http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com/2008/04/softies-for-mirabel.html) and get crafting for a good cause. Get your friends involved too. x