Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Converse: Lil (RED) Riding Hood

I love my Chuck Taylors. I've gone through so many pairs since I discovered them in my teens. There would be at least five different pairs sitting in my shoe closet at any one time over the years - always low, in canvas and as plain as can be (current favourites are brown in both corduroy and canvas, white, beige and grey).

As much as I appreciate what the Converse 1Hund(RED) Artists project aims to achieve, the designs that they've come up with so far have just been a tad too "complicated" for me until I came across this pair by Swedish illustrator Camilla Engman (see her initial design here and the final product here).

Aren't they just the cutest pair of Converses that you've ever seen? I think they're cute enough for me to break my rule and make them my first pair of "adorned" Chucks.
I don't know why they are available only in baby blue on the Converse website but I sure hope they are available in white in Australia as featured in the HypeDC catalogue where I first saw them. [Update] I finally got a pair - more photos and details here.

4 comments:

Stephie said...

those are so cute!

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

aren't they just so?! and you lucky people in singapore get to purchase converses at a fraction of the price we pay here.

Anonymous said...

just wondering if you ever found the low top in white? if so where, because I can only find it in blue..thanks

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Hello! No, I'm after the white ones too but I've not had any luck.

The Converse website only has the baby blue ones, at last look. And I've been checking in at Hype everytime I walk pass one but no luck there either.

Please do let me know if you manage to track some white ones down. x